Am I not getting mail from everyone here, or is it just quiet?

Peter McGarvey fbsu-x at packet.org.uk
Sun Jan 12 21:35:43 GMT 2003

* Frank Shute <frank at esperance-linux.co.uk> [2003-01-12 20:42:22 GMT]:
> On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 06:57:23PM +0000, Peter McGarvey wrote:

> What I still don't understand is ripping perl out of base - I suppose
> it must have been too much effort to maintain it.

And FreeBSD's perl is mildly out of date, which is mildy irritating.

> I'd also like to see bind dumped and sendmail replaced with any other
> MTA - qmail being my preference.

I don't like sendmail but I think it should be the default.  Arguing the
merits of different MTAs of is one of those holy wars which makes all
contestants look bad.

I want a more modular system which would allow me to make my own
decisions, I don't want another MTA.

MTAs are like shells, everyone has their own preferance.  Like it or not
Sendmail is a standard.  Just like /bin/sh which we both agree should
not be a symlink to bash.

--
TTFN, FNORD

Peter McGarvey