Am I not getting mail from everyone here, or is it just quiet?

Peter McGarvey fbsu-x at packet.org.uk
Sun Jan 12 19:19:03 GMT 2003

I've got an 2.2KVA APC Smart UPS.

Took me all of 15 minutes searching the ports to find software to
interface with it - apcupsd-3.8.5_1.

I'm of the opinion that adding such support in the default install is a
bad idea.  FreeBSD should be lean and mean, ready for you to warp it
into what ever kind of system is desired.  So perhaps we really need a
method of automating the package/port installation & the noddy
customising which always follow a fresh install.

Don't know about you, but it takes me 15 minutes (+ a bit of a wait) to
do fresh install, then a day or two to get things "just right" where 90%
of what I do is exactly the same every time.

* Dimitris <sehh at altered.com> [2003-01-12 18:55:32 GMT]: