wish list

Kevin O Connor kevin at rainford.org.uk
Sun Jan 12 18:28:08 GMT 2003

Looking at the features people seem to want I get the feeling that most are
using it as a work station rather than it's original concept of a server OS.
I don't quite understand the reasoning behind removing features from the
default install, you don't have to install things you don't want. One of the
big pluses of all the BSD OSs is that you get a server setup that includes
most of the things you need by just accepting the defaults and the bells and
whistles are covered in the ports collection. Solutions such as multiple
default routes can be configured although I think that may be a contradiction
in terms. Just my personal feelings and I don't clame my views are any more
valid than those that want it changing. The only thing I wish is that FreeBSD
carries on being one of the best systems around.
Regards
Kevin