Am I not getting mail from everyone here, or is it just quiet?

Peter McGarvey fbsu-x at packet.org.uk
Sun Jan 12 16:10:07 GMT 2003

> Does anyone else have any ideas for things which they'd love to have
> in FreeBSD ?

What I'd love is to have the packages mechanism extended to include
parts of the base system.  Then I could un-install things like named &
sendmail.  Then I wouldn't need to compile useless stuff when I did a
'make world'.

And before someone helpfully suggests 'NO_SENDMAIL=true' and 'NO_BIND='
in /etc/make.conf, can I just point out that the original binaries will
still be where they were installed.  For peace of mind I like my unused
binaries to be just as up-to-date as everything else - just in case there
is some local exploit.

Oh yes, rsh, rcp, and the like should go.  And the NIS stuff.

* Dominic Marks <dominic_marks at btinternet.com> [2003-01-12 15:38:24 GMT]: