Using burncd to write CD with FreeBSD 4.7

Julian Rawcliffe julian.rawcliffe at ntlworld.com
Sat Jan 4 19:51:49 GMT 2003

On Saturday 04 January 2003 10:10, Jim Mortimer wrote:
> Sounds like permissions on the device.  Can you burn cds as root?

Nope. I get exactly the same message. The permissions are:
bash-2.05a$ ls -l /dev/acd1c
crw-r-----  4 root  operator  117,   8 Jan  4 03:12 /dev/acd1c

I have also ran (my first) make world to get to 4.7; no change.
Any suggestions as to where I could start looking for clues
as to why this isn't working.

Julian