Cambridge pub meet, 2003-03-01

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Sun Feb 23 14:03:57 GMT 2003

REMINDER this is next weekend...

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 07:50:42PM +0000, Tony Finch wrote:
> Since there's a fair overlap between the UK FreeBSD and Apache developer
> crowds, I thought it would be fun to have a joint meet. Since I'm
> organizing it, it's going to be in Cambridge to make travel easy for
> me :-)
>
> Time: Saturday 1st March, starting 18:00ish
> Place: The County Arms, Castle Hill, Cambridge
>
> This URL should give you a reasonably accurate idea of the location:
> http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=544495&y=259230&z=3&sv=544500,259500
> There are parking spaces on the right hand side of the road for those
> coming by car; if you're coming by train and don't have a bike I recommend
> getting a cab because the walk from the station is about 45 minutes.
> http://www.cammap.com is also useful.

Actually the station shuttle which goes to the city centre deals with
most of the distance, and is quite good when it's running -- but the
buses in Cambridge are in general almost useless, especially in the
evening. I wouldn't recommend bothering with the C1 as Anthony Naggs
suggested because it isn't really very far and the C1 in the city
centre stops frequently and for long periods to deal with passengers...

> The pub serves food until 21:00. There isn't a non-smoking area, I'm
> afraid, but it's usually reasonably smoke-free.

Tony.
FORTIES CROMARTY: SOUTHERLY 5 TO 7, OCCASIONALLY GALE 8, DECREASING 4. RAIN
CLEARING. MODERATE BECOMING GOOD.