Mailer Issue.

Abdul Salam abdul at netsite.co.uk
Fri Feb 21 12:30:27 GMT 2003

Hi  Lou,

Thanks for that. Here is the output of  host -a smtp.mydomain.co.uk

Trying null domain
rcode = 0 (Success), ancount=1
The following answer is not verified as authentic by the server:
smtp.mydomain.co.uk 30 IN A 217.33.114.17

I can't see any problems with my domain server as there are 200+ domains
running on that server. I have only 3 lines in /etc/resolve.conf as below

search apache.mydomain.co.uk
nameserver 217.33.nnn.n (My DNS primary DNS)
nameserver 217.33.nnn.n (My DNS secondary DNS)

I have another 4 lines in /etc/hosts as below

::1     localhost
127.0.0.1    localhost
172.16.n.nn apache.mydomain.co.uk
217.33.nnn.nn smtp.mydomain.co.uk

I can't see any obvoius issues in these files (Other than the first line of
hosts, which I don't know what it means..!).  Please tell me if there is
anything wrong.

Thanks,

-Abdul