Installing FreeBSD 5.0 to IBM TP 755c

Jon Mercer jon at trojan-heroes.co.uk
Fri Feb 14 16:33:47 GMT 2003

FWIW, IBM (used to) put a dodgy BIOS on thinkpads, and some care needs
to be exercised in putting FreeBSD on a thinkpad (I found out the hard
way) The result was a laptop that couldn't boot due to a confusion
within the BIOS about the status of the MBR. There were a number of
historical postings on various forums - you might like to google for
them before writing a MBR!

Jon