Stats..

Tom Hukins tom at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 14 15:26:57 GMT 2003

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 11:52:06AM -0000, Abdul Salam. Netsite Ltd
wrote:
> Sorry, but it doesn't seems to have /usr/ports directory to my box.
> Is it a part of the OS folders. Or just creating one is enough?

If you don't know about ports/packages you're missing out on a useful
part of FreeBSD.  Read the "Packages and Ports" chapter of the
Handbook:
http://www.uk.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports.html

If you decide to use ports instead of packages, "Using the Ports
Collection" explains how to populate /usr/ports on your machine.
Creating a directory called /usr/ports isn't enough.

Tom