Measuring data transferred through an interface?

Dave david.gallagher at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Feb 10 16:52:11 GMT 2003

On Sun, 09 Feb 2003 23:29:25 +0000, you wrote:

>These programs seem to assume that I have a SNMP capable router - is
>there any way to make it get data from an ethernet interface?

I've seen reports on the blueyonder newsgroups (some of the senoir staff
use NTL CMs at home <g>) and there's confirmed reports of pointing mrtg at
the HFC address of the CM thus getting traffic stats no matter how you
connect to it (eg various type of router/LANs etc)

Dave

--
FOR SALE: Larder Fridge, Chest Freezer(sold), Fridge Freezer
North East UK http://www.crystalsinger.myby.co.uk/forsale