CVSUP, ports tree and an inescapable sinking feeling.

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon Feb 10 09:55:59 GMT 2003

--nFreZHaLTZJo0R7j

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 09:37:28AM -0000, James wrote:
> Sometime in January I was going through my normal housekeeping routines, =
and
> this included checking my port versions against a CVsup'ped ports tree.
>=20
> This is pretty much what I saw;
>=20
> ImageMagick-5.5.1.4                 ?   orphaned: graphics/ImageMagick
> Maaate-0.3.0                        ?   orphaned: audio/Maaate
> ORBit-0.5.15_1                      ?   orphaned: devel/ORBit
> Sablot-0.96_2                       ?   orphaned: textproc/sablotron
[...]

> My supfile _was_ operating quite happily for a while as;
>=20
> *default tag=3DRELENG_4
> *default host=3Dcvsup5.uk.freebsd.org
> *default prefix=3D/usr
> *default base=3D/usr/local/etc/cvsup
> *default release=3Dcvs delete use-rel-suffix compress
>=20
> # Source
> src-all
> ports-all
> # The documentation
> doc-all

That's a FAQ. Although not asked or answered directly.

http://www.cvsup.org/faq.html#default

You can't retrieve ports-all or doc-all using the RELENG_4 tag --- the
ports and doc trees are simply not branched in the same way as the
main source tree.

Try this for a supfile:

*default tag=3DRELENG_4
*default host=3Dcvsup5.uk.freebsd.org
*default prefix=3D/usr
*default base=3D/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default release=3Dcvs delete use-rel-suffix compress

# Source
src-all
ports-all tag=3D.
# The documentation