What happened? (fdisk)

John Murphy jfm at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Dec 27 22:09:59 GMT 2003

Seasons greetings all.

I was installing dual booting win98/FreeBSD 4.9 on a PC for a
friend and all was going well when I decided to run fdisk (via
/stand/sysinstall) to switch the active partition back to ad0s1.

I saw the warnings, but all I had changed was the active partition
so I wrote the change and quitted fdisk and re-booted.  The only
thing remaining of the win98 install is a folder containing one
file called desktop.ini (apparently).

I'm 98% sure it was fdisk wot dun it :) but it's no great loss.
Just wondering if I could have used FreeBSD fdisk to make the
change correctly?  More I think about it the more it must've
been something else... and I've got a whole Sunday to re-trace
my steps :)

--=20
John.