Mqsql

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sat Dec 6 12:01:36 GMT 2003

--E13BgyNx05feLLmH

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 10:09:08PM +0000, Paul Civati wrote:
> Frans Diergaarde <frans at blackadder.fastfury.org> wrote:
> =20
> > I have, stupid me, deleted root at localhost in the mysql server
> > so i have no access as root anymore.
> >=20
> > What can i do??
>=20
> If you have a non-localhost root ACL in there, then you may be able
> to connect via mysql -h host.name and it'll connect via TCP instead
> of local domain socket.

You should be able to recover using much the same procedure as for a
forgotten root password:

    http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Resetting_permissions.html

Use the second variant via the 'mysql' client rather than
'mysqladmin', but replace the UPDATE command in instruction 3 with:

    mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO root at localhost
        ->     IDENTIFIED BY 'somepass' WITH GRANT OPTION ;
    mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES ;

You can also hunt through the mysql source tarball for the
mysql_install_db script which shows how to set up the default
privilege settings.

	Cheers,

	Matthew=09

--=20