file system sizing with 5.x

Martin Hepworth martinh at solid-state-logic.com
Fri Dec 5 11:05:51 GMT 2003

All

I've been mulling getting one one of transtec's IDE-SCSI or SATA-SCSI
RAID boxes. I've heard of these running very well on solaris etc.

I was doing some googling to see if UFS2 goes about 1TB, which is does,
but I did see a few emails that suggest putting more than 2TB of
physical storage on a 5.1 system can result in trouble.

Now I'd like to put a 4TB RAID set (split into 3 1.xTB filesystems),
will appear to the Dell Perc 3 controller (actually badged LSILogic
megaraid chip set) as 3 single large disks...

Has anyone had any experience of this sort of thing, will attaching the
4TB box give me problems???

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator