ed0 config

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Tue Aug 19 18:32:46 BST 2003

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 02:58:35PM +0100, Steve Purkis wrote:
> I'm haveing problems setting up dev ed0 - keep getting conflicts or device timeout messages :(

Hi,

ed(4) is a 'kitchen sink' kind of driver. It covers a wide range of cards
in different bus configurations. We really need more info (what kind of card,
what release of FreeBSD you're running) before we can help.

If this is an ISA card, you may find the following manpage helpful:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/share/man/man5/Attic/kernel.conf.5

(Tagged RELENG_4 so it isn't in any CDROM releases yet, and a bit late,
to boot.)

BMS