Bouncing spam

jon at witchspace.com jon at witchspace.com
Sat Aug 9 14:24:30 BST 2003

Hiya

In the last couple of days I've been getting a number of e-mails with the
message:

"This is a test email to confirm your email.  Iit  is not necessary to
respond to this email. "

"Thank you :)"

Since the return e-mail address looks valid, I have a horrible sneaking
suspicion that I'm going to find more spam in my inbox in the near future -
since the message wasn't bounced, they can assume that my e-mail address
is a 'live' one.

Is there a way to effect a bounce when an e-mail has already been
delivered?  I know some windows e-mail clients can do this, but not any
that I use.

--Jon

http://www.witchspace.com