USB webcam under 4-STABLE

Andrew Boothman andrew at cream.org
Wed Aug 6 00:10:36 BST 2003

On Thursday 31 July 2003 11:38 am, P.A.Osborne wrote:

> Has anyone got any experience of using a USB webcam under
> FreeBSD 4 - stable,  particularly with motion detection
> software?

Hi there,

The only experience I have with webcams under FreeBSD is with a el-cheapo
webcam called the Puretek PT-6007 which I found used on ebay that is
supported by the graphics/vid port.

I've currently got 5.1-REL installed, but I do remember having trouble with it
under 4.x becaused it used some kind of call that wasn't supported under 4.x
with OHCI USB controllers. It worked on one machine of mine which was UHCI
but not another which was OHCI.

I believe it works fine with both in 5.1-REL, and I don't have any 4.x
machines to allow me to check if 4.x now supports it in the same way.

Hope this perhaps helps a little.

Cheers

Andrew