Device driver problems...

Chris Rodgers freebsd-uk at rodgers.org.uk
Fri Apr 25 14:28:46 BST 2003

> The big problem is this; although I have learned a lot from existing
drivers
> and a little (lets be honest its not that in-depth) from the FBSD
tutorial,
> I simply cannot find meaningfull and worthwhile documentation that helps
the
> completely insane like me.
>
> Anyone anywhere had similiar problems and resolved? or found something
that
> really does explain what all those wonderfull macro's in kernel land
> actually do?

I would like to second this. I have attempted on a couple of occasions to
get to grips with the device driver architecture in FreeBSD. I never did
manage to find any good documentation, both on the level of a thorough
overview and also on specifics as the OP mentions. If anyone has any
links/pointers, I would be interested in hearing from them.

Chris Rodgers