Building eclipse from source

Slugbucket jujuberry at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 12 23:20:36 BST 2003

Has anyone managed a build of eclipse on FBSD 4.7?

I have installed jdk1.3.1 and ant successfully.
I am having an absolute nightmare getting the required libraries
installed and working.
For example, trying to build gtk+-2.0.9 from source (because the
port fails) fails at the configure stage because of the supposed
unavailability of libtiff and libjpeg; they are installed and I simply
cannot see any reason why the configure should fail to find them.
I also get similar problems configuring tools that require iconv or
libiconv.

It seems that anything gtk related cannot be installed from source.

Anyone got any suggestions as to how I might get these installs to
work.

Julian