redundant dns services [3rd party dns]

Peter McGarvey fbsu-x at packet.org.uk
Mon Apr 7 18:36:24 BST 2003

I've just remembered that there is a method to do this in the DNS.  The
SRV record type does all that you ask, and more.  Alas, no clients
support it yet - although there is a rumor that someone is working on
adding SRV support to Mozilla.  Shame, it looks like a most excellent
feature, specified in RFC 2052 IIRC.

* Lou Kamenov <phayze at secureroot.org.uk> [2003-04-07 16:51:42 BST]:

--
TTFN, FNORD