Samba vs Samba NG (was Re: Apologies for posting to the BSD list)

Josef Karthauser joe at FreeBSD.org
Thu Sep 26 14:11:49 BST 2002

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 12:14:20PM +0100, Lou Kamenov wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:47:05 +0100
> Josef Karthauser <joe at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> Some more info on:=20
> http://zdnet.com.com/2100-11-524722.html?legacy=3Dzdnn
> http://us1.samba.org/samba/tng.html
>=20
> However smb-tng is just a forked samba codebase, with a to-do list
> to provide complete NT functionality (right.) .. i forgot to mention
> it in my previous email, but read it for yourself. (links above)

I remember when it forked, but I wasn't sure what state it was in.

One thing that samba doesn't do but which would be nice is to server
printer drivers.  This is something that NT does.

Joe
--=20
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain;
and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert
Einstein, 1921

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG--