ssh problems...

Andrew Andrew
Sat Sep 21 16:16:55 BST 2002

> I expect this is probably a tcp wrappers issue in that case.

Paul, you were right - after using tcpdmatch (great utility!) on sshd and
inetd, my hosts.deny file (set up like yours) was blocking the connection.
I've commented the single rule out, and I now have a telnet connection (ssh
isn't exchanging keys right but I can sort that out later).

Now at least I can unplug this old monitor and tweak the box remotely.
I suppose the kernel reads the hosts.deny file BEFORE the hosts.allow file?

Andrew.