Updating Exim

Josef Karthauser joe at FreeBSD.org
Thu Sep 19 16:29:20 BST 2002

--dTy3Mrz/UPE2dbVg

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 04:21:07PM +0100, Tim Wiser wrote:
> Is there a quick way to upgrade my copy of Exim from version 3.33 to vers=
ion
> 4?

Yes, install portupgrade from the ports, and then do:

# portupgrade -i exim\*

On second thoughts I've no idea whether exim has maintained
config file compatibility between versions.  If it hasn't then
you'll have to treat it like a new mail server, and start again.
Depending upon how much mail traffic you've got, you may want to
bring it up on a new box first.

Joe
--=20
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain;
and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert
Einstein, 1921

--dTy3Mrz/UPE2dbVg

--dTy3Mrz/UPE2dbVg--