4.6.2 install - graphics card not listed

Paul Civati paul at xciv.org
Sat Sep 21 14:58:17 BST 2002

jimf <jimf at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> 4.5 installs perfect on my machine, problems start when I try to
> install 4.6.2

Looking at the release notes:

FreeBSD 4.5    -  XFree86 4.1.0
FreeBSD 4.6.2  -  XFree86 4.2.0

> All goes well till the new "fully graphical XFree86 configuration
> tool" part. i.e, my graphics card isn't listed.(it was in 4.5).

Do you have your old XF86Config?  Unless they've removed the driver
between releases, I should think the config will work under 4.2.x.

What tool are you using?

'/usr/X11R6/bin/XF86Setup' has always worked nicely for me.

> card is a, ATI Mach 64 Rage Pro (8MB)

There should be some useful documents under '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc',
looks to me as thought it should work, but maybe this new config tool
doesn't know about your card.

-Paul-