C and C++

Antony T Curtis antony at abacus.co.uk
Thu Sep 19 15:10:38 BST 2002

Sam Pikesley wrote:
 > Hmm, how scratch is scratch? For C, you really can't beat K&R you
 > know... C++, however, is the work of the devil...

That isn't a nice way to describe Bjarne Stroustrup...

Well - so C++ isn't my favorite language but a good reference is "C++
Programming Language, The", authored by said person above.

Publisher Addison Wesley, ISBN 0-201-88954-4

 > --- Robin Garbutt <rob at portfoliodesign.net> wrote: > Hi all,
 >
 >> can anyone suggest a good online resource/forum to go to to learn C
 >> and C++ from scratch?
 >>
 >> cheers
 >>
 >> Robin Garbutt Portfolio Art & Design Ltd Tel -  +44 (0) 1204 383822
 >>  Fax - +44 (0) 1204 383866 Mob - +44 (0) 7811 185490 e-mail -
 >> Rob at portfoliodesign.net
 >>
 >> For further information please visit us at :-
 >> www.portfoliodesign.net
 >>
 >> The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
 >> of the e-mail address to which it was addressed and may also be
 >> privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may not
 >>  copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in
 >> any form whatsoever. If you have received this e-mail in error
 >> please e-mail the sender.

ANTONY T CURTIS                     Tel: +44 (1635) 36222
Abacus Polar Holdings Ltd           Fax: +44 (1635) 38670