Hugely OT, but...

Ashley Penney ashp at unloved.org
Thu Sep 19 10:21:02 BST 2002

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 09:23:17AM +0100, Frank Shute said:
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 10:14:29AM +0100, James Diss wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm just wondering if anyone has recommendations for a hosting company
> > with a decent amount of bandwidth for running personal projects with
> > PHP, Perl, MySQL.  I've been stung before by hosting companies, so I'm
> > looking for recommendations rather than going by their web pages.
> >
> > I have no real criterion other than they're unlikely to go bust after
> > taking a year's hosting money off me.
> >
> > James
>
> I use www.easyspace.com for my domain. I've used them for a few years
> without problems. They do PHP and MySQL for sure, not too sure about
> perl/CGI, they also do the MS nonsense if you're desperate. They host
> on Linux/Apache and they seem to have plenty of bandwidth.
>
> I only picked them because there was a link from ICANNs pages to them.
>
> I'd prefer a colo but can't afford it ATM :(

www.iarna.co.uk.  I'm currently working there, and they seem ok on the
whole.  We do PHP/MySQL, Perl stuff and Python too.  We've got a fair
chunk of bandwidth (we're getting more soon too!).

Sadly we use Linux, which I'm not responsible for, but I am attempting to
take over from the inside. :)

--
An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind.  -- Gandhi.