Hugely OT, but...

Frank Shute frank at esperance-linux.co.uk
Thu Sep 19 09:23:17 BST 2002

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 10:14:29AM +0100, James Diss wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just wondering if anyone has recommendations for a hosting company
> with a decent amount of bandwidth for running personal projects with
> PHP, Perl, MySQL.  I've been stung before by hosting companies, so I'm
> looking for recommendations rather than going by their web pages.
>
> I have no real criterion other than they're unlikely to go bust after
> taking a year's hosting money off me.
>
> James

I use www.easyspace.com for my domain. I've used them for a few years
without problems. They do PHP and MySQL for sure, not too sure about
perl/CGI, they also do the MS nonsense if you're desperate. They host
on Linux/Apache and they seem to have plenty of bandwidth.

I only picked them because there was a link from ICANNs pages to them.

I'd prefer a colo but can't afford it ATM :(

--

 Frank

   Boroughbridge.
 Tel: 01423 323019