Cheap one U servers?

Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Wed Sep 18 11:41:55 BST 2002

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 11:34:38AM +0100, Pete French wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a source of cheap one U servers?
>=20
> how cheap ? I just got a load from rackservers.com - and if you go
> for the gigabyte ones which come as a single unit then they work out
> O.K. the last one wa a P4 1.7 with 512 meg of RAM for 700 quid. WWe
> also got a set of 2.4GHz P4 servers with 1.5gig of RAM and some 15000RPM
> ultra 160 drives for 1500 quid each. They run FreeBSD really nippily :-)
>=20

A customer of mine has a Cobalt Raq at a colo site.  It sucks! :(
They want their pre-existing server transferred over to it.  The old
server is a FreeBSD 3.4 machine that's been quietly evolving a service
of the last few years.  If I had my way I'd sneak into the colo site,
and install FreeBSD on the Raq ;).

Joe
--=20
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain;
and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert
Einstein, 1921

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs--