Hugely OT, but...

Aled Morris aledm at qix.co.uk
Wed Sep 18 10:24:10 BST 2002

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, James Diss wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm just wondering if anyone has recommendations for a hosting company
>with a decent amount of bandwidth for running personal projects with
>PHP, Perl, MySQL.  I've been stung before by hosting companies, so I'm
>looking for recommendations rather than going by their web pages.

I recommend me!  :-)

We host servers, so you would need your own hardware - but nowadays that's
quite cheap, and it fives you the freedom to run whatever you like.  You
could on-sell web space or jailed shell accounts too - I know there is
demand for that kind of thing.  That would help recover your outlay.

>I have no real criterion other than they're unlikely to go bust after
>taking a year's hosting money off me.

You can pay monthly, and we have no setup or install fee, so your exposure
is really low.  And we're cheap.

http://www.qix.co.uk/colo/

p.s. apologies to all for the advertising, but one has to make a living...

Aled
--
        ++            Featured QiX Internet Services:              ++
        ++  Fast, affordable, server hosting in Telehouse, London  ++