Pine/images/attachments

Mark Fowler mark at twoshortplanks.com
Sun Sep 8 14:44:02 BST 2002

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, Punkey wrote:

> When I used to use pine on my Linux box, within X, I could hit V to view
> images, or launch other apps for attachments (e.g. mpg).
>
> It doesn't do the same on FreeBSD.  Any hints?  I wanna to be able to view
> my p0rn! ;-)

'V' launches the image viewer program, which is defined in the config
section (hit 'S' for setup in the main menu, 'C' for config, 'W' for where
and type 'image-viewer'.)  This needs to be set to a working image viewer
program that's installed on your system.  On my freebsd box at work that's
set to 'xv'.  On my linux box it's set to '/usr/bin/ee'.  Find an image
viewer program (or install one from ports - it's not hard) and stick the
path in here.  Then hit 'E' to exit, and save the settings.

Mark.

--
s''  Mark Fowler                                     London.pm   Bath.pm
     http://www.twoshortplanks.com/              mark at twoshortplanks.com
';use Term'Cap;$t=Tgetent Term'Cap{};print$t->Tputs(cl);for$w(split/  +/
){for(0..30){$|=print$t->Tgoto(cm,$_,$y)." $w";select$k,$k,$k,.03}$y+=2}