Lpd and LaserJet III

Dimitris Dimitris
Fri Sep 6 11:45:27 BST 2002

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:20:59 +0100, Ian Morrison wrote:

>1.  is there a way to get lpd to send data in smaller chunks?  or does
>the printer simply not have enough memory to be able to print complex
>documents?  i was trying with /usr/src/lib/libc/db/docs/hash.usenix.ps
>which i don't think is an unreasonable size to print..
>2.  which version of ghostscript should i be running?  would a differen=
>one help?

My personal experience shows that the LaserJet drivers in 'gs' are awful=
. I had
similar problems with yours.

Sometimes, printing two pages results in a single page, the first half o=
f the page
if part of the first page, and the second half is part of the second pag=
e.

I've been told that 3rd party drivers work best, but you'd have to recom=
pile 'gs'.

=FE H.I.C. & D.B.S. =FE OS/2 Warp =FE Hellas =FE
=FE ServerConfig =FE ConfigEdit =FE OS/2 UK UG =FE

=FE Sometimes i think there might be more to life =FE
=FE than having a really really ridiculously fast computer =FE