CVS error while checking out from client

Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Thu Sep 5 09:42:38 BST 2002

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 11:31:13PM -0500, MALLIKARJUNA, M [AG/8042] wrote:
> Hi All ,
> 	I have created a repository in Linux operating system and when I'm
> trying to check out module from client machine I'm getting following error
> message
>=20
> 	sh-2.05$ cvs -d:pserver:cvs at 10.200.4.198:/cvsroot co cvstest
> 	cvs checkout: failed to open /home/mmmall1/.cvspass for reading: No
> such file or directory
> 	cvs checkout: unrecognized auth response from 10.200.4.198: no
> repository configured in /etc/cvs/cvs.conf
> 	cvs [checkout aborted]: shutdown() failed, server 10.200.4.198:
> Transport endpoint is not connected  .
> =09
> =09
> 	Would any one can explaine me what was wrong in the process and how
> to rectify to this .=20

Do you need to use pserver?  If you've got a real account on the box
it's much more practical and secure to use 'ssh' instead.

Also make sure that you've got write permission to the /cvsroot
directory tree.  Cvs makes lock files as you check things out and will
complain if it can't create them.

The problem you've got above though appears to be entirely to do with
the pserver configuration.

Joe
--=20
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain;
and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert
Einstein, 1921

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c--