Identical network card

Stacey Roberts sroberts at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Sep 3 18:42:23 BST 2002

--=-I5HaAYVvwD54M5jrgnhn

Hi Paul,
   Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it.

The nics are both pci (one is already installed and working fine), so
I'm presuming that its the first of your two options I'll be interested
in here.

For clarity's sake, please proof my understanding of what you've
suggested here:

1] Insert second nic into available slot
2] Boot FBSD box
3] Both configured nics should then appear in dmesg?

I take it that as the current custom kernel already has support for the
first nic compiled in, there is no need to recompile the kernel for the
additional nic.

Do let me know if I've understood things here, failing which, do come
back to me with where I've gone wrong, please.

Stacey