question

Rob King robking at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 4 16:09:55 BST 2002

I've just been looking into the same thing. I went a bit further, and found
out about the Sanoma card. Here's the e-mail I recieved (the day after -
very impressive):

>Hi Rob,
>
>You can get the card directly from us, using a VISA or MasterCard. The
>cards
>are $220.00 US each. Shipping usually takes about 2 days.
>
>David Mandelstam
>Sangoma Technologies Corporation
>email: dm at sangoma.com
>web:   www.sangoma.com
>Tel:   905-474-1990 x 106
>        800-388-2475 x 106
>FAX:   905-474-9223
>
> > Where can I purchase a Sangoma S518 pci adsl modem from? I live
> > in the UK,
> > and as there is no listed distributor on your site I went to the
> > French and
> > German distributors' websites which didn't list this product.
> >
> > Regards,
> > R King

However, $220 US is a bit too much for an adsl modem for me (would be fine
for corp. users mind..). I'm gonna just go for a combined adsl router/modem,
and depending on the model, and config options, either set the config to do
it's own nat for the local addresses that require private IPs, or pipe it
through to the bsd firewall, and go off that for the private addresses...

Regards,
Rob