ISA network card trouble...conquered!

John Ralph john.ralph at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Sep 3 19:55:34 BST 2002

All,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave" <david.gallagher at blueyonder.co.uk>
To: <freebsd-users at uk.freebsd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 1:03 AM
Subject: Re: ISA network card trouble...conquered!

> On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:35:34 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >Now I can try and set up this firewall....has anyone done this on
> >blueyonder? Any issues?
>
> You might want to have a look over this:
>
> http://www.ordior.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/BySwFAQ.html
>
> It relates to Smoothwall (and therefore Linux) but has some details on
> what to open/block for BY

I have just completed a router/firewall based loosely on the detail found
at:

http://www.schlacter.net:8500/public/FreeBSD-STABLE_and_IPFILTER.html

I just left out the tripwire stuff and omitted the filesystem modifications
as I wanted to use the machine as a squid cache.  No real problems were
encountered except maybe getting the DNS and DHCP server IP addresses for
the connection, however these can be found by running:

cat /var/db/dhclient.leases

on the router/firewall machine.

Good Luck!

John Ralph.