php + sql search

Robin Robin
Thu Oct 31 13:35:26 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I want to be able to query by mysql db with a boolean search.

at the mo I have:-

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM db WHERE name LIKE '%$name%'", $db);
$query_data = mysql_fetch_array($result)

ideally I would like to be able to type in the search box "something +
something" to search db with queries like.  Eg. "cat + dog" to return all
listings containing the words cat and dog.

has anyone any ideas?

many thanks in advance!

Robin Garbutt
Portfolio Art & Design Ltd
Tel -  +44 (0) 1204 383822
Fax - +44 (0) 1204 383866
Mob - +44 (0) 7811 185490
e-mail - Rob at portfoliodesign.net

For further information please visit us at :-
www.portfoliodesign.net

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of the
e-mail address to which it was addressed and may also be privileged. If you
are not the addressee of this e-mail you may not copy, forward, disclose or
otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever. If you have
received this e-mail in error please e-mail the sender.