Freebsd-users digest, Vol 1 #1147 - 1 msg

Graeme Mathieson mathie+uk-freebsd-users at wossname.org.uk
Thu Oct 24 15:18:34 BST 2002

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 03:09:44PM +0100, Bruce M Simpson wrote:

> I assumed at first that the binary attachment was actually a Japanese
> message, as I'm using mutt. The glaringly obvious 'This program cannot be
> run in MS-DOS mode' did not leap out at me til I took a second look. Which
> begs the question, why would someone send an unsolicited Windows executable
> to several mailing lists unless they were up to no good (or their machine
> had been infected) ?

He probably didn't.  It was probably some third party who both his
address and this list address in their address book (or even their web
cache in the case of BugBear I think).

See http://www.edlug.org.uk/archive/Oct2002/msg00047.html for me
bitching about exactly the same problem on another mailing list. :-)
--
Right now, there are scr1pt k1dd13s plotting to DDoS my network, my co-lo
server is not responding  to pings and  the people that I IRC with may be