routing issue

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Oct 24 12:53:00 BST 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 11:39:48PM +0100, Paul Fletcher wrote:

> I have two NICs in a FreeBSD 4.6.2-RELEASE system:

> rl0 192.168.0.1/24
> dc0 192.168.42.1/24

> ADSLRouter---|rl0-dc0|---LAN

> I can ping dc0 and rl0 from the lan, but not the ADSL router. I can
> however ping the router from the freebsd machine.

Since these are RFC1918 addresses, your ADSL Router must be running
NAT to enable you to access the Internet.  Your ADSL Router needs a
route to your LAN (192.168.42.0/24) via your FreeBSD box
(192.168.0.1).  How to do that depends on what model of ADSL router
you have, but on my ZyXEL box it's Menu 12.1.1 -- "Edit IP Static
Route".

	Cheers

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way