getting cups working with smbspool

Neil McGann neil at neilmcgann.co.uk
Sun Oct 20 16:56:09 BST 2002

Hi All,

I'm trying to get a windows network printer working with my fbsd4.7 box.
I've been fighting my way through getting cups working and have got as far
as adding samba smbspool support to cups (using latest ports of cups and
samba).

All the on-line docs I can find suggest the following command will do the
trick:

ln -s `which smbspool` /usr/lib/cups/backend/smb

The problem I'm having is that there isn't a ..../lib/cups/backend
directory anywhere (either /usr/lib/.. or /usr/local/lib.... etc.).

Where is cups looking for backends on freebsd? Ayone else got cups-samba
talking? (not as the freebsd box being a server)

Neil