IDE RAID

daniel lawrence danny at alphazed.com
Fri Oct 18 15:00:00 BST 2002

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 02:30:31PM +0100, Paul Civati wrote:

> I will check my list archives, but before I do, any recommendations for
> hardware, or bad experiences?
>
> I'm basically probably going to want to RAID1/mirror one 40GB disk to
> another.

I've had good success with the 3ware Escalade series in mirroring applications.
The native FreeBSD management software works without glitch (that I have run
across) and properly notifies by email of significant events. Unfortunately,
there are no command-line tools. The management is all web-based, or via BIOS
before OS boot.

--
daniel lawrence               AlphaZed Ltd
mailto:danny at alphazed.com     http://www.alphazed.co.uk