PCI ADSL

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Wed Oct 16 11:56:14 BST 2002

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 11:51:54AM +0100, Lou Kamenov wrote:
> Conexant do and its working on Linux (tested). (2.4.x/2.2.x)
> It works with PPPoA/PPPoE. FYI its called Tirgris (PCI ADSL).
> Also it`s cheap, 29 £.

Hrm, didn't know about this. *adds to the list*

> http://216.239.39.100/search?q=cache:WDslF_8cyhkC:www.mrpete.dsl.pipex.com/conexant/download/Conexant_Linux.pdf+Conexant+PCI+ADSL+Modem+Tigris&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Is it one of those softmodem types? (If so, yuck, the ENI ones have a hardware
xDSL modem and a real ATM SAR... and can be picked up for 35 and up on ebay :)

The main gripe I have with Conexant is the way they only half release
source for their drivers... generally there's a binary kernel module
with bowdlerized/encrypted symbol names involved.

BMS