PCI ADSL

Lou Kamenov lou.kamenov at aeye.net
Wed Oct 16 11:51:54 BST 2002

In some email I received from Bruce M Simpson <bms at spc.org> on Wed, 16
Oct 2002 11:30:19 +0100 :

> On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 10:27:39AM +0100, Rob Wheeler wrote:
> > I'm looking for an ADSL PCI card such as:
> >
> > http://www.traverse.com.au/products/default.asp?p=8
> >
> > with FreeBSD support. Been looking around for ages with no success,
> > and no manufacturers as yet have said they are willing to port a
> > driver to FreeBSD.
>
> Currently *no* vendor offers Linux or *BSD support for any PCI ADSL
> product.

Conexant do and its working on Linux (tested). (2.4.x/2.2.x)
It works with PPPoA/PPPoE. FYI its called Tirgris (PCI ADSL).
Also it`s cheap, 29 £.

http://216.239.39.100/search?q=cache:WDslF_8cyhkC:www.mrpete.dsl.pipex.com/conexant/download/Conexant_Linux.pdf+Conexant+PCI+ADSL+Modem+Tigris&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Install it, then Bridge it!

cheers,
-lk

----

Lou Kamenov	lou at freebsd-bg.org		lou at seclab.aeye.net
FreeBSD BGUG	http://www.freebsd-bg.org	http://www.aeye.net
Key Fingerprint - 936F F64A AD50 2D27 07E7  6629 F493 95AE A297 084A
It`s a free ride when you`ve already paid.