Ethernet nic

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Wed Oct 16 11:27:43 BST 2002

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 10:05:05AM +0100, redjupiter wrote:
> Looks like it is time to convince the wife of a new card :-) I wonder if
> the technical details below will convince her :-)

Yes, the Realtek is really shit. Do not use it if at all possible.

When I see motherboard manufacturers and OEM vendors who really ought to
know better integrating it on boards and in their products, I wince.

e.g. I'd choose i815/FC-PGA over the older Athlon any day of the week, because
the i815 Solano chipset has fxp built in.

BMS