PCI ADSL

Rob King robking at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 16 11:14:55 BST 2002

>Message: 9
>From: "Rob Wheeler" <robwheeler at btinternet.com>
>To: <freebsd-users at uk.freebsd.org>
>Subject: PCI ADSL
>Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:27:39 +0100

>------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C274FE.A7928DB0
>
>I'm looking for an ADSL PCI card such as:
>
>http://www.traverse.com.au/products/default.asp?p=8
>
>with FreeBSD support. Been looking around for ages with no success, and
>no manufacturers as yet have said they are willing to port a driver to
>FreeBSD.
>
>It will be used on BT so will require PPPoA, which shouldn't be a
>problem.
>
>Anyone out there use one of these, or have seen one?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Rob.

There is a card but it's expensive... Sangoma is the manuf - think it's
canadian from memory. Apart from that there's nothing about which is
annoying!

See my earlier posting at
http://listserver.uk.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-users/2002-September/006430.html

Think as the card is expensive, an adsl router/modem on ethernet is the best
option. We've got an Alcatel 510 v.4 Bit of a different problem though, as i
really wanted the router to route both multiple public IPs and perform NAT.
Apparantly this does it, though is brand new - hence we have no configs to
reference from, and are stuck! Hence we're just using it to route the public
IPs through, and NAT-ing off of a NetBSD box (like icecream, it's good to
mix different flavours ;-)

If you're happy to NAT of a computer/are only connecting up 1 (whcih i doubt
as you're on this mailing list!) then take a look at dabs.com There's a
generic "dabsvalue" Connextant ethernet router modem - 1 or 4 port versions.
I just ordered 2 of the 4 ports. Supposed to support multiple public IPs in
the routing table, and excessively cheap!

Have fun...
Regards,

Rob King