SMP box offered to developers

Byron Schlemmer freebsd-uk at byron.me.uk
Tue Oct 15 20:10:53 BST 2002

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Duncan Barclay wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've managed to grab a couple of Dell PowerEdge 51xxx-2 machines. These are
> dual CPU and have a strange SCSI RAID
> on them. Lots of drives (24+GB of SCSI). The CPUs are 100MHz Pentiums.
>
> I'm going to hang on to one for a month or two before I realise that I don't
> have the time to play with SMP on -stable or -current. But the other is up
> for grabs. Preference is to an SMP developer/committer (well they're not
> much use for anything else).
>
> The machines are big old boxes - double width, with wheels etc. So we'll
> have to sort out a meet to deliver them. I'm in Cambridge, and not around
> much over the next month so would prefer people to come to me.
>
> http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/dta/pexe53/
>
> BTW I have no idea if the motherboard is any good from FreeBSD.

There is a list that contains the "want list" for various developers. It
is at

http://www.freebsd.org/donations/wantlist.html

however there is nobody on in from the UK that is looking for a SMP box.
But Wilko Bulte (http://people.freebsd.org/~wilko/) is in the
Netherlands and is looking for one. Perhaps he is interested?

	- byron