SMP box offered to developers

Duncan Barclay dmlb at dmlb.org
Tue Oct 15 16:38:55 BST 2002

Hi all,

I've managed to grab a couple of Dell PowerEdge 51xxx-2 machines. These are
dual CPU and have a strange SCSI RAID
on them. Lots of drives (24+GB of SCSI). The CPUs are 100MHz Pentiums.

I'm going to hang on to one for a month or two before I realise that I don't
have the time to play with SMP on -stable or -current. But the other is up
for grabs. Preference is to an SMP developer/committer (well they're not
much use for anything else).

The machines are big old boxes - double width, with wheels etc. So we'll
have to sort out a meet to deliver them. I'm in Cambridge, and not around
much over the next month so would prefer people to come to me.

http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/dta/pexe53/

BTW I have no idea if the motherboard is any good from FreeBSD.

Duncan