Dual-port NIC

Paul Civati paul at xciv.org
Tue Oct 15 13:30:57 BST 2002

"Andrew" <andrew.hodgson at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Has anyone got experience with these things? That is to say, can they
> do anything a single port card can't do? My hope is that each port can

Pretty much like having two regular cards I should think, some o/s let
you do trunking or bonding so you can join both cards together on the
same switch, but I don't think FreeBSD can do that?

> be used independently (one is 10Mb, one is 100Mb) so my (hypothetical)
> NAT box only needs one card rather than two.

I would expect that they are both 10/100, it just depends what you have
connected to each interface.

> I guess I mean, can each port have a unique MAC address?

What is the dmesg output?  I should think they would have?

-Paul-