Ethernet nic

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Tue Oct 15 11:48:40 BST 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 11:21:46AM +0100, Nuno Pimenta wrote:
> I need to choose de best ethernet and isdn nics.

Well, for Ethernet, I'd pick fxp (Intel EtherExpress) every time.

Decent ISDN is much of a muchness, it depends on what you're trying
to achieve. If you just need Something That Works, then an external TA
might work fine for you (providing you have 16C550 or better serial UARTs
as most modern chipsets do).

If you need something more elaborate, you need to look at PCI ISDN adapters
which support CAPI via isdn4bsd. I hear HiSax cards might be good for this.

The BT SpeedWay PCI cards just use some OEM ISDN ASIC, but they seem cheap
enough on the open market.

BMS