Numpty question

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Tue Oct 15 11:45:30 BST 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 11:15:39AM +0100, Neil Ford wrote:
> Okay, this is something I should know but for some reason it never sticks
> around....

I'd heartily recommend having a serial console in place anyway, just to
be on the safe side. Even if it's just a null modem cable into another box.

If you use a simple 3 wire null modem cable (most common) you need something
like this in /etc/ttys:

ttyd0   "/usr/libexec/getty 3wire.9600" vt100   on secure

Also helps to compile kernel with serial console options, etc. I also have
the /boot/loader running over COM1. Ideally I'll be able to get boot0 to
run with COM1 as well once I get my head around BIOS serial calls. :)

BMS