Getting netatalk running on FreeBSD

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Tue Oct 15 11:28:48 BST 2002

Guys,

If you want better performance you might also consider the use of
AppleShare/IP. There's a more recent branch of netatalk out there (-asun),
which will work with the netatalk protocols but also allows the file
sharing to run over IP (see Chooser->Enter IP Address option in MacOS 8/9).

We appeared to get better performance out of this over a plain IP network...
but it's been more than a year since I set this up. I believe it also
groks printing.

Peace,
BMS